Tuesday 3 January 2012

A Great Surprise!

So as promised here's a post about my Dad coming over from Cape Town to visit our little Layla!

I'm sitting cosy at home feeding Layla when I get a text from Dad
"Oi!! Open the door...it's f*ckin freezin out here..xoxo"
Eh? Don't think that was meant for me Dad. Wait a minute... that was a car door outside... Angie (Dad's sister) is meant to be coming to visit today... Coincidence?

So I get up and go open the door and I'm stunned to see my dad walking up our path!! :-D I have never been so shocked or happy to see anyone ever!

It was a short visit unfortunately, but I can't say how pleased I am that he got to meet our little Princess. There was talk of him coming over for his 50th birthday next year (the day before Layla's!) and we were looking forward to that, but I'm so glad he got to meet her sooner when she's still little and discovering the world around her.

The weather was also dreadful while he was staying with us, with gale force winds that meant bridges were closed and cars were advised to stay off the roads, so we couldn't really go out, but it was lovely spending the time with Dad, Layla and Scott all together.

 Aawww cuddles from Grandad

 Our inquisitive little girl

Big smiles with Grandad

1 comment:

  1. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.......if I could afford it... :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete