Tuesday 10 January 2012

Love And Laughter

"All you need in the world is love and laughter. That's all anybody needs. To have love in one hand and laughter in the other."
- August Wilson


Today I felt so grateful for everything, I truly did have love in one hand and laughter in the other.

Our little Layla was exceptional today, only a small cry before a nap, the rest of the day was spent exploring new things, like shadow puppets on the wall, different tastes as we sampled some pureed baby bolognese (yes, I mean we, as it was spat on me a couple of times as Layla tried to talk and eat at the same time), exhilaration as she was spun around in her baby walker and "driven" around in it too, making "vroom, vroom" noises as we went.

But the best part of the day was tonight just before bath time when Daddy decided to be silly with a half-deflated balloon and Layla gave us her best laughs yet! And so many of them! We were both in stitches, it's amazing how a baby's laughter is so contagious, I'm grinning now just remembering all the silliness!

So yes, today has been my favourite by far since Layla was born. I can't wait for all the great things still to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love it...brings a tear of happiness to my eyes... :-) xoxo Miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete