Sunday 9 January 2011

Houston, We Have Cravings!

:D

So it would apper that Noodle likes carbohydrates over anything else. 

I did a food shop today and noticed as I was unpacking the bags that I had bought a lot of pasta, bread and jacket potatoes. More than usual anyway considering I don't even like jacket potatoes!

I realised that I had in fact been eating more carby food lately for meals, things like cheesy pasta, baked potatoes, jam on toast instead of cereal in the morning, sandwiches or pasties for lunch.

I think this is what's been keeping the morning sickness at bay as the carbs are a slow release of energy and also balance sugar levels in the body. This is a good thing , although I feel I may have to slow down on the starchy stuff for a while. After all, I do have a wedding dress to fit into!!

But I don't want to stop too much, obviously the carbs are something Noodle needs or I wouldn't be craving them. And right now I want to give him everything and anything he needs. Look at me! Noodle's not even out yet and already I want to spoil him!

Anyway, I think I should learn to take carbs in moderation and try get some more variation in my diet, that must be good for Noodle as well, right?

3 comments:

  1. Stop blaming the Noodle for your own cravings... :-)

    Eat healthily, lots of green veg (broccoli, etc) but stay away from the cabbage for fear of insulting Scott-in-Law's nasal senses...and lots of fruit, which will help balance the sugars too.

    xoxoxo

    Keep the posts coming, it's good to read what you're going through...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Noodle doesn't want fruit and veg, he sends them back up so we're avoiding it mostly.

    Although I should try get a little bit back into my diet, pregnancy vitamins are giving him what he's not getting from the fruit just now :)

    As for nasal senses - mine have been insulted on countless occasions by Scott so it's only fair I get my own back (at least I can blame it on Noodle for a while!)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha....for the first couple of years after his birth, you will be blaming the smells on Noodle, never mind just for now...xoxo

    ReplyDelete