Friday 25 March 2011

Invasion Of The Body Snatcher

So recently I have been referring to Noodle as "The Little Body Snatcher" (only in whispering of course, seeing as Noodle can apparently hear outside the womb from this week). At the moment it feels as though I'm not in control of anything to do with my body anymore. I crave the weirdest things (french fries dipped in ice cream), I have aversions to my favourite foods (scrambled eggs and yoghurts), I cry at the most stupid of things and I constantly need to nap.

I have no control over these at all and it's weird. It's almost like I'm on auto-pilot and just watching the world go by in a body that no longer belongs to me.

Oh, and not to forget the travel sickness, which I have never experienced in my puff before now. Simple trips on the bus are no longer simple, I have to plan ahead. Sick bag - check. Finding a discreet seat on the bus where I can barf without being glared at - not so easy. People are quite rude about it too. There's been a couple of times I've overheard someone saying "Ew" or "That's disgusting" or they give you a disgusted look. The first time someone did it, I got off the bus at the next stop and burst into tears. It's not like I can control it! The next time someone said something I turned around to them and shouted (yes, shouted, on a public bus) "I'm pregnant you twat, get a f***ing grip!". I was so angry I could've thrown my sick bag at him. So yes, untontrollable tears and angry outbursts, also part of the Little Body Snatcher's agenda.

On the plus side, I have felt a little bit of movement in the incubator chamber lately! No, it's not gas. It's weird to describe, kinda like when you hold a goldfish in your hand. Although the midwife has explained to me that my placenta is lying on the front of my uterus and it will take longer for me to feel Noodle move and kick, so I'm quite jealous of my co-worker, who is due 2 days before me, who can already feel big kicks and lots of movement. But I know it will happen when Noodle is bigger and can manage a bit more force behind those roundhouses. It is reassuring just now to feel little flutters and quite cute too :o)

2 comments:

  1. Hiya babe...

    Travel sickness? Your flight out here is going to be interesting.... :-) What you want to do is call the airlines, explain your "situation" and ask them to seat you in one of the rows that have extra leg room (usually an emergency exit row) so that you can make a quick get away to the loo in case something happens.

    Your mum always said that her first feelings of your movements were like butterflies in her belly. :-)

    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's just buses that it happens on, I don't seem to have any problem with car journeys... take-off and landing might be interesting though.

    We've already chosen our seats online so we've got a bit of extra leg room. I'm hoping with it being an all day flight there won't be too many people on it and we can sprawl out on some empty seats...

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete