Thursday 9 June 2011

I'm Slacking...

...with posting on here. Sorry!

Well, just to update, we are currently 28wks + 4days and quite comfortably into the third trimester :)

I had my 28 week midwife appointment on Tuesday for bloodworks (they really are vampires!) to test for Gestational Diabetes, Anaemia or any infections. If we don't hear back from them by the end of next week then we've to assume that all is well, so fingers crossed!

Miss J also measured my bump and I am happy to announce I am only measuring 29cm at 28 weeks! The rule of thumb is that you measure 1cm per week of gestation, so I should be measuring 28cm. I'm just so glad I'm not any bigger as bump is quite big and a lot of people have said we're going to have a big baby because of my size - well they can all stick it because our little girl is average size and we're just fine with that! At least I am, as it means I won't have to push out a ginormous baby!

In other news, we've settled very nicely into our new home :) It really feels like we've never been anywhere else. All our boxes are unpacked, we have our own photos on the walls, it's just so much easier being here and having everything sorted. The next big venture is doing the nursery room up for our Little Lady! I've started building the small things, her under-cot drawer and changer unit are done, it's just the cotbed, drawers and wardrobe that needs done. I probably won't start this until I'm on maternity leave, which by the way, starts in three weeks! I can't wait to put my feet up and relax for a while before Little Lady is here :)

Oh, we've decided Noodle is not to be called Noodle anymore, we kinda went off the name when we found out she's a little girl. So now we're calling her Little Lady. She seems to respond to it now that we keep calling her it when we're playing with the bump, so it's stuck.

Anyway, Little Lady is doing great. Kicking away as I type this. As she's gotten bigger she's started to reach my ribs and I've had a couple of sore jabs lately but I wouldn't change the feeling of her moving and kicking for anything. It really is my favourite thing in the world right now :)

1 comment:

  1. Noodle will be her nickname whenever I talk to her... :-) xoxo

    Glad to hear you guys are settled in. Isn't it great to have a house?

    ReplyDelete