Sunday 2 January 2011

Something Else To Look Forward To

Daisypath Wedding tickers


Everything is officially booked for our wedding! I'm soo excited!

Scott and I are heading to Cape Town on holiday to visit my Dad and step-mum in April and Scott thought it would be a nice idea for us to get married while we're out there, I couldn't have agreed more!!

It's gong to be a small private ceremony with only the two of us, my Dad and step-mum as witnesses and the minister and photographer. I am really upset that my Mum won't be there for our big day but I am trying to include her in as much of the preparation and planning as possible, with both of us making home-made wedding announcements and going dress shopping together.

It's only my parents and a close friend that know about the wedding so far. Scott has decided not to tell his family about our plan to get married as he really doesn't want a big fuss made with too much expense, hence why we're making wedding announcements rather than invitations.

It really is going to be  lovely day. The ceremony will be held outside at Cape Point (shown below) with photos being taken on the beach and we'll all go for dinner in the evening, with my Dad hosting a party for us the day after so we can meet all their friends, and he can show off his new son-in-law! (And grand-bump!)



My Mum will send out the wedding announcements the day we get married so the rest of the family in the UK get them the day after, and when we return to the UK a week later, we'll have a party for all our friends and family who were not there on our big day.

I really cannot wait to be Mrs S.P. I have dreamed of this day since we met in 2005! Scott is the most caring and generous person I have ever met and has been there for me through some very tough times. He really does make me a better person and brings out the best in me! I can only hope to make him happy in our life together, I cannot thank him enough for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment