Saturday 12 February 2011

Whoever Called It Morning Sickness Was A Joker...

Well I thought I was getting off light by only feeling nauseous in this pregnancy so far. I guess I'm just not so lucky.

Since Wednesday I've hardly managed to keep anything down for longer than 20mins, at any time of the day. So my body has decided to cram all the morning/noon/night sickness I've missed in the past 12 weeks into the past 3 days so far. And it shows no sign of stopping anytime soon.

Last night I got worried as I had thrown up everything thing I'd eaten and had to drink all day, which is probably not very healthy for Noodle as he/she won't be getting any of the nutrients that's needed to grow baby parts. I phoned the out-of-hours doctor and got an appointment with him, thinking he might give me something to ease the sickness so I could at least get some soup down my throat. Fat chance. He basically told me to live with it and that every pregnancy is different so it's absolutely normal to get sickness this late on. I can deal with that fact, but I'm hungry!!

If he could experience what I've felt for the past 4 days he'd be more than happy to prescribe something to stop the sickness. But he can't and so I have to suffer with it. While my stomach empties itself and then growls at me to be filled again.

Nothing has helped so far. Not the flat ginger ale (yuk!) or ginger biscuits, plain crackers, plain toast, salt crisps, nada! What I would give to be able to eat a proper meal right now! Or even venture outside for more than 10mins before I have to rush back to my spot beside the porcelain bowl. I may as well make up a bed in there I spend so much time in the bathroom.

I'm hungry, which is making me grumpy. My tummy feels like I've just done a thousand stomach crunches because it's emptied itself so much, which is making me feel sorry for myself and my battered body. Not a great combination...

No comments:

Post a Comment